Garlic Cheddar Fritatta
Eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner- why not?!
2-3 tblspn butter/oil
1/4-1/4 cup chopped onion
3 cloves roasted garlic
1/3 cup cooked (frozen in this case) spinach, drained of any excess moisture
1/4 cup shredded aged cheddar/parmesean/swiss/gruyere/etc
1/2 tblspn fresh/frozen chives
- in a separate pan sautee the spinach and drain of excess water, if any
- add butter to a preheated skillet (medium heat) and brown slightly (30second)
- add onions and stir to coat with butter, then allow to brown, or at least cook until translucent
- in a bowl, beat eggs with garlic and cream until mixed thoroughly
- add cooked spinach and stir to mix REDUCE TEMPERATURE TO MED-LOW
- add egg mixture, DO NOT STIR, rather, tilt pan to spread eggs.
- cook on stove for 2 mins or until bottoms of eggs have set, then transfer pan to broiler for 2-3 minutes or until top of eggs have set
- add salt and pepper and maybe a few drops of habanero sauce to taste. enjoy.
I have a few tiny oven safe crocs with lids, so I've been using those for roasted garlic. You can just as easily wrap it tin foil and toss it in the oven. Any time I need to use the oven I roast some garlic, that way there is always roasted garlic on hand!
1 Head of Garlic with the tips cut off (optionally you can go ahead and remove the skins from the cloves completely)
Drizzle of EVOO
Toss in the oven anywhere from 300-400 degrees F and roast until the garlic has a nice golden color to it.